Friday, December 25, 2015

FAVORITES | 2015 (Makeup and Skincare)

Merry Christmas everyone!

My family doesn't really celebrate holidays, so I thought I'd talk about my 2015 favorites, keep in mind I have oily combination acne prone skin.

Makeup:


MUFE Mat Velvet+ foundation (review here)
If I want my skin to look good for photos that wear well the whole day, the Mat Velvet is my go to. The only gripe I have about it is there's no perfect color for my complexion right now.

Maybelline Master Conceal concealer (review here)
Good concealer for blemishes, not much more to say

E.L.F. High Definition Powder
I've had this for a long time and never really used it. Recently I used it with the MUFE foundation and found that it makes my skin look poreless and keeps my oils at bay in conjunction with the other face products I use.

MAC Sheen Supreme in Gotta Dash! (review here)
My favorite coral lipstick, it's moisturizing with a sheen. It's a pale coral but it complements my pale complexion.

L'Oreal Lineur Intense brush tip liquid liner (review here)
Very black and doesn't smudge. Flakes a bit after 10 hours if you have oily lids

Maybelline Lash Sensational waterproof mascara (review here)
I've tried different mascaras after this to see if anything is better out there, but this is the best for my thin, straight lashes - it holds a curl, lengthens, volumnizes, everything you can ask for. The only gripe I have is it smudges on my moist undereye.

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion in 05 Caffeine Rush
I never reviewed this because it's never been an amazing product to me, but it's a go to palette that's travel size and looks good in photos for me. As much as I like matte eyeshadows, I don't wear eyeshadow everyday so it's not a big deal. I especially like the glittery gold and shimmery pale gold for highlighting.

Shiseido lash curler
I've tried the Shu Uemura curler and it's still a bit curvy for my eyes. The Shiseido is perfect, except it doesn't reach the inner corners as well for my eyes personally, but it curls very well - definitely worth the investment.


Shu Uemura POREfinist cleansing oil (review here)
My favorite makeup remover for everything - especially long wearing foundation and waterproof mascara that's usually really stubborn. I've repurchased the 450ml so it lasts longer, but since it's too big to travel with I kept the 150ml bottle

La Roche Posay Effaclar Medicated gel cleanser (review here)
I reviewed the 3 step system a while back, and this was my favorite of the 3. It is my go to cleanser (esp used with the Clarisonic Mia) when I have clogged pores or when I'm breaking out. The original set comes with a 4.2 oz, when I ran out of it I tried using other cleansers and noticed how much better the La Roche Posay cleans my acne prone skin. It has a slight cooling sensation - I wouldn't say it's amazing for acne but it does make my face feel very clean and refreshed.

Cotz Face SPF 40 (review here)
My favorite under the radar find of 2015. I was originally going to get the Tizo tinted SPF that a Jenner uses, but ended up with this one when I saw people saying that Tizo and Cotz have virtually the same ingredients. I am pleasantly surprised that the Cotz really keeps my oils at bay, especially in conjunction with the MUFE Mat Velvet and and the E.L.F. HD powder. The tint is basically nonexistent, but this is a great facial sunscreen if you have oily skin. The semi matte finish also makes a great base for makeup. It is alumina based, so it's not slippery on my face like the silicone based sunscreens that a lot of people love.


Oronine H Ointment
This is a Japanese ointment my friend found at a Chinese supermarket. It is targeted towards skin problems like acne, eruptions, minor burns, chapped skin, skin chilblains, minor cuts, dry athlete's foot and ringworm. Sounds kind of scary, but I use this on open acne spots that are bleeding like I used to with Neosporin, usually because I accidentally popped them while I'm cleaning my face. Depending on the size of the pimple this could heal the spot overnight, or at least help with the bleeding. The regular size comes in a jar, but my friend got me this one for my birthday to try out.
I've tried using it on active acne spots and it doesn't seem to help that much. 

I use all these products daily or if needed.
Let me know what your favorites are from this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts